Updated September 30, 2021
Obviously, one of the major reasons to get a Google Home is for its full support of Google Assistant (the best AI-voice command option in the market), allowing users to make hands-free calls, wake up in the morning, schedule appointments, stream music and more. In the case of playing tracks on Google Home, it's disappointing that Google Home won't perform the full power of Assistant on some third-party online music streaming service, for example, Amazon Music.
That means, while directly casting Amazon Music from PC or phone to Google Home for playback, you can only use the basic voice commands: pause, play, stop, next, etc. But fret not, below will list 4 methods to play Amazon songs on Google Home with voice commands you prefer.
The simplest way to stream Amazon Music songs on Google Home is casting audio to Home via the Chrome browser on PC. Just follow the procedures below and start enjoyment:
Step 1 Connect your PC and Google Home to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 2 Go to Amazon Music Webpage in Chrome and log in to your Amazon Music Unlimited or Prime Music account.
Step 3 Tap the Triple-Dotted Menu icon at the upper-right corner of Chrome browser and select the "Cast…" option.
Step 4 In the cast window, choose your Google Home as the target smart speaker.
Now, you are able to select your favorite Amazon playlists on computer and start streaming them on Google Home easily!
Currently, you are allowed to directly choose a popular Amazon song on your Android phone or tablet and cast to Google Home. Here's how:
Step 1 Connect your Android device and Google Home to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 2 Go to the Amazon Music application on your phone/tablet, hit the "Cast" tab at the upper-right corner, and choose the Google Home you need to connect.
Step 3 Choose one of your playlists on Amazon Music and start playing on Google Home.
If you would like to enjoy every AI-voice command on Google Home to play Amazon Music audio, or need to cast Amazon Music from phone or tablet to Google Home, then this method will definitely help you out -- record and download any Amazon Music songs to computer as plain music files, then transfer them to mobile for streaming on Google Home.
Tool Required: TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter
Armed with a top-rated audio downloading core, TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter supports to record and convert any songs from Amazon Music Unlimited & Prime Music to plain MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF with the ID3 tags kept at a high speed. With its help, you can store all your favorite Amazon albums as personal playlists and play on any devices, including Google Home, without any limitations.
Step-by-Step Tutorial: Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Bluetooth
The following is the detailed tutorial to guide you to download any Amazon Music tracks with TuneBoto, transfer them to phone, and then play them on Google Home with ease. Before that, please make sure you have downloaded and installed the program on your PC or Mac computer.
Step 1 Run TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter
Download and launch TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter, and then log in to your Amazon Music Unlimited / Prime Music account.
Note: TuneBoto needs to work with an Amazon account. But don't worry, it will not take any other information from your account other than the songs.
Step 2 Customize the Output Settings
Click the "Setting" button on the upper right corner to customize the Output Format (MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF/ALAC), Path, Quality (320kbps, 256kbps, 192kbps, 128kbps) and more.
Step 3 Add Amazon Playlist/Album/Artist
Open one of your Amazon albums, artists or playlists, and tap the blue "Add" button suspended on the right side, then the program will list all songs immediately in the Add window. Now all you need to do is select Amazon Music songs you want to download.
Step 4 Start to Download Amazon Music
Simply click the "Convert" button, TuneBoto will start downloading the Amazon songs to the output folder you've previously set in step 2.
After conversion, you can access the conversion list by hitting the "History" button to find your converted songs.
Step 5 Sync Amazon Music to Google Home
Connect your phone to computer via a USB cable and directly copy and paste Amazon songs to phone. After that, you could play Amazon songs on Google Home by the following steps:
1. Open the Google Home app on your mobile, tap the Google Home device you want to pair, and then directly go to "Settings > Audio > Paired Bluetooth devices > Enable Pairing Mode".
2. Say "Hey Google, Connect to Bluetooth" to let your Google Home connect to your phone.
3. After connection, you can request an Amazon song by saying "“Hey Google, Play [song name]".
If you want to put your Amazon songs into Google Drive device, you can also try to utilize Spotify, Apple Music, or YouTube services. Here's how to make it work:
Method 4.1 Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Spotify
1. Convert Amazon songs via the method above and then import them to your mobile device firstly.
2. Go to Spotify app, click , then Settings. Scroll down to Local Files and switch Show Local Files on.
3. Find out the Amazon songs in "Local Files" and add them to your selected playlist. Now, you could ask "Hey Google, Play [playlist name]".
More Details on Import Amazon Music to Spotify
Method4.2 Play Amazon Music on Google Home via Apple Music
After converting Amazon Music successfully via TuneBoto, open iTunes on Windows PC and Music app on your Mac, then follow the steps below:
1. Go to "File > Add to Library or File", and locate the offline Amazon Music songs for uploading.
2. Open the Google Home app on your computer, click "Settings > Select Music", and click the "Link Account" next to the Apple Music icon.
3. Follow the steps to log into your Apple Music account, and then you are able to play Amazon Music on Google Home with ease.
Method4.3 Play Amazon Music on Google Home via YouTube
To add Amazon Music on Google Home via YouTube, firstly you will need to access YouTube service on Google Home.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your mobile device, and upload the converted Amazon Music songs to it. Note that you'll have to make them private.
2. Start the Google Home app, and click "Settings > Device Settings > Paired Bluetooth Devices" on the list.
3. Tap "Enable Pairing mode" to let Google Home connect to your Android or iPhone.
4. Once connected, play the Amazon Music on YouTube, then your Amazon playlist will be automatically played on Google speaker with ease.
Now that you've got four ways to stream Amazon Music tracks on Google Home. It's suggested to use TuneBoto to convert Amazon songs and transfer to Google Home for playback. After downloading Amazon Music with TuneBoto, you can even keep Amazon Music songs playable after unsubscription. TuneBoto offers the free trial version for users to test its features. Now, give it a shot!
Note: The free trial version of TuneBoto Amazon Music Converter enables you to convert the first three minutes of each song and convert 3 music files at a time. You can unlock the limits and enable all its features by purchasing the full version.